Put the Cloud in Your PC
Run a full web or cloud environment on your PC, including VMware Micro Cloud Foundry. Run as a server to share virtual machines with your team, department, or anyone in your organization. Remotely connect to virtual machines running on VMware vSphere. Simply drag and drop to move virtual machines to a VMware vSphere server. Run, share, connect, or move virtual machines, it’s a whole new way to work.
Take Your Productivity to the Next Level
Run applications in Linux, Windows, and more at the same time on the same PC without rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment. Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner. Rich integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse, and the SpringSource Tool Suite make it incredibly easy to test applications on multiple platforms.
Run Your Most Demanding Applications
Create virtual machines with up to 8 virtual processors or 8 virtual cores, 2 TB virtual disks and up to 64 GB of memory per virtual machine to run the most demanding applications. Protect your virtual machines from prying eyes with 256-bit AES encryption and smart card authentication.
Best 3D Graphics Just Got Better
VMware Workstation was the first to support 3D graphics in virtualized environments and was the first to support Windows Aero in Windows Vista and Windows 7 virtual machines. Run even more 3D applications with support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.13D graphics in Windows virtual machines.
What's New in VMware Workstation 9 !
VMware Workstation 9 continues VMware’s tradition of delivering the virtual hardware that technical professionals deserve and rely on every day. With support for Windows 8, restricted VMs, Open GL support for Linux and a new web interface to access virtual machines, it’s the perfect tool for getting work done.
Best in Class Windows 8 Support
- To help you and your organization evaluate Windows 8, master the Metro UI and test your applications, VMware Workstation 9 is optimized for running Windows 8 virtual machines and running on Windows 8 PCs. Easy Install simplifies the task of creating Windows 8 virtual machines, Unity mode will intelligently scale windows with Metro applications and multi-touch support will ensure you get the true Windows 8 experience in a virtual machine.
- Workstation’s new web interface allows you to access your virtual machines running in Workstation or vSphere on a tablet, smart phone, PC or any device with a modern browser. No plugins necessary. Now you can power on, off, or suspend your virtual machines and interact with them from almost anywhere.
- Create virtual machines that are encrypted, block USB devices, require a runtime password, and another password to change virtual machine settings. Once set, send the virtual machine to anyone to run on their Mac, Windows, or Linux machines by using VMware Fusion Professional.
- In Workstation 8 we introduced the ability to upload a virtual machine from your PC to vSphere. Workstation 9 takes the next step and allows you to drag and drop a virtual machines form vSphere to your PC. It’s the easiest way to move virtual machines between your PC and your internal cloud.
- With faster 3D graphics and support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1 3D graphics in a Windows and now Linux virtual machine, VMware Workstation easily handles demanding 3D applications like AutoCAD, Solidworks, and many current games.
To download VMware Workstation 9.0.0